The cliché holds true, we work hard and play hard, how about you?
Ferndown - Dorset
back to careers
Design excites and energises you. That flair drives your innovative thinking. You’re likely to have a little bit of coolness about you, but without the ego. A real team player.
AVEC is a fun and dynamic business, founded by talent, ambition and relationships. To be honest we love it here. It’s like nowhere you’ve ever worked before. Everyone’s involved, with the freedom to share those creative thoughts.
We have honed our strengths by understanding what we do well and how we work best together. Our growth is built on great teamwork, a positive and proactive energy, and a culture of supportive brilliance! AVEC's core values are; customer obsession, long term partnerships, care, trust, fun, and a focus on delivering quality and tailored product development. By ensuring every step is right, we develop everything to a high specification.
To follow the professional standard set within the design team. Produce accurate and innovative design which is commercially tailored that endeavours to deliver on brief and deadline.
This role reports into Senior Graphic Designer and Design Team Manager.
Role Responsibilities and typical daily Tasks
- New Product Development– You can really bring your innovative thinking to work. With freedom to get involved from the beginning in design branding, product and packaging, to a conceptual or full artwork level, whilst following a design brief and in-house design process.
- Branding & Product Origination– Let your ideas fly, with the opportunity to research and originate new branding and product concepts for our customers. With the support of the whole design team, create complete style guides in line with our diverse product portfolio.
- Outputting Artwork– Get involved in the End to End process. Managing artwork through design and approval process and outputting for production.
- Licensed Product Ranges– Working with our licensed brand co-ordinator, follow customer and licensed brand style guides and manage artwork through approval process including uploading to various licensed brand submissions portals.
- Market Research & Brand Analysis– Obsessiveness to be at the forefront of trend by constantly researching trends and competitors, and presenting to the team and wider company if required.
- Product Photography and Digital Product Visuals– Producing product visuals for packaging and marketing with photography or digital 3D visual design.
- Workload Management- No time to sit back and take it easy. You’ll be working on multiple projects at pace, using the Avec End to End Process and design process, time management, initiative & taking total ownership of the design brief to help you.
Typical Daily Tasks include
- Market research and trend analysis
- Product packaging and conceptual design
- Full Artworking
- Attending live project meetings
- Peer to peer feedback and self evaluation on artwork
- Along with the rest of the team, keeping things tidy and making copious cups of tea for your team!
- Commercial Awareness (Essential)
- New Product Development (Desired)
- Product Development across most of our categories (Desired)
- Ability to closely follow process, problem solve and deliver projects to deadline (Essential)
- Adobe Creative Cloud, including: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop (Essential)
- Experience of Product and brand origination (Essential)
- Time management (Essential)
- Photography (Desired)
- Other Creative Cloud applications (e.g. Adobe InDesign) (Desired)
- Experience of Illustration/Typography (Desired)
- Transforming design briefs into amazing and innovative product, branding and packaging (Essential)
- Trend and design experience (Essential)
- Working in teams of 4+ people (Desired)
- Confidence in presenting to groups of people (Desired)
- Can do
- Flexible and agile thinker
- Follows process framework
- Adapts to resolve customer requirement
- Attention to detail
- Creative flair and loves design
- A passion for craft, gifting, stationery, cosmetics and on trend product and branding
- Team player
- Drive to succeed
- Ambition, attention to detail and a strong focus on quality and accuracy.