The cliché holds true, we work hard and play hard, how about you?
Verwood - Dorset
back to careers
Department Mission Statement
Develop innovative product commercially tailored to each customer, with a passion for delivering exceptional accuracy, quality and originality.
AVEC is a dynamic business, founded by talent, ambition and relationships. We have honed our strengths by understanding what we do welland how we work best together. Our growth is underpinned by teamwork, a positive and proactive attitude, and a shared culture of supportive excellence. The core values of AVEC are those of partnership and relationship building, with a focus on quality and tailored product development. By getting every step right, we develop everything to high specification.
A creative adaptable and focussed product developer responsible for producing a wide variety of bespoke content for own brand and white label product. Working in a fast-paced environment the successful candidate will be highly organised and have excellent communication skills and a fanatical eye for detail.
They will play a pivotal role driving the creation and direction of commercial ranges within a highly motivated Product Development team. Working in a fast-paced environment the Product Developer will be highly organised and have excellent communication skills.
The purpose of the Product team is to deliver exceptional, well-researched and commercially validated product development, customer service and sales growth through proficient product knowledge, concept ideation through to detailed development, and management of content, whilst maintaining rigorous quality controls – all to an exceptional standard.
Key roles & responsibilities
- Stay on top of market and product research
- Conduct regular store visits and attend trade shows as necessary
- Assist in sourcing new/improved product, both from existing partners and new production facilities
- Present trends and product ideas to team and wider business on regular basis
- Compile range plans for a variety of customers, from line list to planogram
- Produce detailed spec sheets to procure accurate pricing from production facilities; check specs completed by the wider business
- Check and test artwork and product samples at all stages for quality and accuracy
- Put together mood boards/research to assist with design direction
- Decide on validated colours and designs for a variety of products
- Commission projects by external designers
- Copywriting: provide accurate and engaging pack copy, marketing copy, instructions etc. Proofing and editing of own and others’ work
- Make product samples for photography as required, assist with photography
- Mock up kit samples for customers
- Assist with consumer queries via email and over the telephone
- Support and assist Category Managers with tasks as required.
You need to be
- Passionate about product, with a drive to ensure high quality and seek the best
- A stickler for detail, rules and processes
- Creative, with a nose for new, exciting trends
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Considerate, hard-working and helpful; an excellent team player
- A great communicator who loves sharing ideas
- Fearless in the face of a challenge
- Able to use your initiative to complete tasks to a high standard
- Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise your own workload…but always willing to jump in and help others with little notice
- Flexible, positive and ready to hit the ground running